Health & Safety
McDonald Painting Contractors regard the promotion of Health & Safety measures, as well as enforcing environmentally friendly policies and procedures, as an essential objective for management and employees at all levels.
We will, so far as is reasonably possible, ensure to comply with the following statements:
- Provide adequate resources to ensure that proper provision can be made for health and safety.
- Carry out and review risk assessments periodically.
- Ensure use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances, for use at work, are safe and without risks to health. We also strive to recycle any waste from these substances in a responsible manner.
- Provide all employees with such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to secure their safety and health at work, as well as the safety of others who may be affected by their actions.
- Maintain all plant, machinery and equipment to ensure it is of a standard that is safe to use and without risk to health.
- Ensure safe handling and use of substances and to recycle any waste responsibly to protect the environment as best we can.
- Cover emergency procedures on site via toolbox talks conducted by management/site supervisors.
- Provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities.
- Consult with our employees on matters affecting their health, and provide information, instruction and supervision for employees.
- Ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training.
- Prevent accidents, injury and cases of work-related ill health, and reduce accidents and occurrences of work-related ill health in line with Government targets.
- Maintain safe and healthy working conditions and review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.
Do you have a question about our Health & Safety procedures?
Visit our FAQ page and let us know!
We review and revise this policy regularly to maintain safe and healthy working conditions. We also review our policy to discover new ways to become more environmentally friendly.